§ 542.005. Record of Complaints
542.005. Record of Complaints
(a) In this section, “complaint” means any written communication primarily expressing a grievance.
(b) An insurer shall maintain a complete record of all complaints received by the insurer during the preceding three years or since the date of the insurer's last examination by the department, whichever period is shorter. The record must indicate:
(1) the total number of complaints;
(2) the classification of complaints by line of insurance;
(3) the nature of each complaint;
(4) the disposition of the complaints; and
(5) the time spent processing each complaint.